Content Storage After a Disaster with SERVPRO® of Sangamon County
We will safely box and store your items.
SERVPRO® of Sangamon County offers content storage services after a disaster occurs. We know that in your time of need, eliminating the stress of the safety of your personal items is essential. We can offer peace of mind by saving you time, providing an all-in-one service as well as a meticulous storage environment. As we are already on site to provide restoration services, we can begin the content storage process at the same time. We will log each and every one of your items into inventory with a photo so you know exactly what is being stored and where. We will then place your items in our climate controlled storage facility that provides a stable environment for your property so you never have to worry about the safety of your property. Remember, we are here for you. If you need our services, call 217-528-7775. SERVPRO® of Sangamon County is Here to help.®
Tips to Winterize Your Home
Are you prepared for when the snow starts falling?
Winter storms can range from a brief period of extreme cold temperatures, to days of snow, blowing wind and white-out conditions. Preparing in advance helps you tackle winter weather before it even begins. Run through these tips to make sure you stay cozy during this winter season.
- Seal exterior doors with weatherstripping if you feel any cold air leaks. You can use a candle to detect even the smallest of leaks.
- Door sweeps are an excellent way to stop drafts from entering the home from exterior doors.
- Seal leaks in the attic paying close attention to electrical outlets, fixtures and pipes. Also check wiring that comes into the home from outside.
- It is also a good idea to go ahead and add some insulation to the attic that will not only help keep the home warm during the winter but will help keep it cooler in the summer.
- Close the damper on your chimney when the fireplace is not in use.
- Heating ducts can leak a lot of the much needed warm air so be sure to make sure they are sealed properly. Duct cleaning is beneficial as well and is one of the many services provided at SERVPRO of Sangamon County.
- Servicing your furnace regularly will help prevent major breakdowns in the future.
- Replace the filters in your furnace monthly to optimize air flow.
- Insulate the pipes in the basement or crawlspace to prevent frozen pipes.
- Window coverings are a great way to conserve heat in the home.
For more information on winterizing your home, visit https://www.moneytalksnews.com/16-low-cost-ways-prepare-your-home-for-winter/
If you would like any information on Duct Cleaning please give us a call at (217) 528-7775.
SERVPRO® of Sangamon County is Quick to Respond
We are quick to respond to any size disaster!
SERVPRO® of Sangamon County is open 24/7, 365 days a year because we know that quick response time can make all the difference. Fast response to a damage can make the difference between restoring and replacing your business’ property and belongings. The first 24 hours are the most critical time when a major damage happens as after this first window of time subsequent damage can occur. The sooner an assessment of the damage can be made, the sooner the clean up work can begin and the sooner other problems can be prevented.
We know that closures for your business don’t just impact you, they also impact your customers and employees. So, before you risk doing further damage by attempting to clean the damage yourself, call SERVPRO® of Sangamon County at 217-528-7775.
Avoid Moldy Appliances with Tips from SERVPRO® of Sangamon County
Propping the door open on your washing machine will allow it to dry.
Moisture has the potential to lead to mold and many of our household appliances work with water. If there is poor ventilation, leaks or a clogged drain, your washer, dishwasher and fridge all become susceptible to mold growth.
Here are some tips to help you stay in control of your appliances.
- Front load washers have two places that mold can grow: the detergent drawer and door seal. Make sure that you leave the door and drawer open when not in use and never let laundry sit!
- Top load washers can develop mold between the drum and interior walls. Run a Clean Washer Cycle once a month if your washer has one, do not use too much detergent with your laundry and leave the lid open after each use.
- Refrigerators can grow mold between the door seals and on neglected food. Clean spills immediately and wipe down with vinegar once a month.
- Dishwashers develop mold in the filter, silverware basket, interior panels and door gasket. Use the heat-dry function and leave the door open for awhile after use.
Taking proactive steps to prevent mold growth will lengthen the life of your appliances and keep your home healthy. Remember SERVPRO® of Sangamon County is Here to Help!® We are available 24/7 at 217-528-7775.
The Professionals of SERVPRO® Sangamon County
Our crew will work diligently to ensure that your needs are met.
SERVPRO® of Sangamon County professionals are highly trained and qualified to handle your remediation needs. With experience in water, fire, smoke and mold remediation, you can rest assured that every job will be handled with the utmost care. We utilize state of the art equipment to clean, repair and restore your property so that we can also restore your peace of mind. In addition, we work closely with your insurance company to ensure that all of the necessary work is approved according to the terms of your policy. By placing your trust in SERVPRO® of Sangamon County, you can be sure that your needs will be met with understanding and empathy. Our high standards of quality means that we will work diligently to ensure that your property will be returned to “Like it never even happened” condition. We are here for you and your family 24/7 at 217-528-7775.
Mold After a Flood Damage
Please call in professional assistance for cleanup after a flood damage
Flood damaged homes are very likely to experience mold damage as moisture permeates the structure of the building for an extended period of time. Mold organisms are found almost everywhere and damp environments allows it to grow and spread through affected areas such as basements, walls, carpet and wood. If you have a flood damaged home, keep an eye out for discoloration on surfaces and the tell-tale musty odor.
If you notice mold in your home, there are things you can do.
- Get the moisture under control. After a flood, the water must be extracted and the structure dried.
- All porous materials (drywall, carpeting, and ceiling tiles) with mold growth should be discarded.
- Appliances that contain insulation should be discarded as they may harbor mold spores that cannot be seen.
- Heating and air conditioning filters need to be changed. The system will need to be inspected by a professional and may need to be replaced.
- Non-porous materials and surfaces will need to be professionally cleaned depending on the extent of the damage. Remember, if clean up is not handled appropriately, it is likely that the spores will spread.
If you experience mold damage and would like local assistance, contact SERVPRO® of Sangamon County at 217-528-7775. We are available to help 24/7.
Commercial Carpet Cleaning with SERVPRO® of Sangamon County
Keep up appearances with regular carpet cleaning!
As a business owner, you probably have your office space cleaned on a regular basis. But how often do you have your carpets cleaned? Even with regular sweeping and vacuuming, carpets get grimy! Let SERVPRO® of Sangamon County help keep your office space looking presentable. We offer expert carpet cleaning services that can eliminate the stains that sweeping and vacuuming miss.
Top Reasons to Regularly Schedule Commercial Carpet Cleaning Services:
- Extend the Life of Your Carpet
Over time, dirt can damage carpet fibers and cause the carpet to wear down quicker than it should. Regular cleaning removes that dirt and keeps your carpet looking sharp.
- Remove Stains
Clients like the look of a clean workplace. By maintaining a clean and stain free carpet you are showing your clients that you hold your business to a higher standard and that you maintain a degree of personal responsibility.
- Improve Air Quality
Carpet is a haven for dust, pollen, and bacteria that can cause allergies to flare. If left alone, these contaminants can continuously get back into the air causing lots of sneezing and downtime in the office.
If you are looking for a local carpet cleaning professional to clean your carpets, contact SERVPRO® of Sangamon County at 217-528-7775. We are here to help you keep your office carpets clean and looking great!
SERVPRO® of Sangamon County is Here for You!
Our crew is here for you!
SERVPRO® of Sangamon County is available 24/7; 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Whether disaster strikes at 1 am or even at 1 pm, we are here for you and your business! Your call will be answered by one of our friendly customer care operators and a customer service representative will be in touch with you within 30 minutes. We will work with you to decide a plan of action and get a crew to site as soon as deemed appropriate. Remember when you call SERVPRO® of Sangamon County, you are calling a local emergency service company that has been in business for over 30 years serving our community. We are Here To Help®. So if disaster should ever strike your business,call us at 217-528-7775.
Laminate Flooring and Water Damage
Laminate flooring has its own set of rules when it comes to water damages.
With all the different types of flooring options we have available in our homes today, it should come as no surprise that the most common concern after a water damage has to do with the flooring. As long as the water damage is caught quickly, most carpet materials can be salvaged though the pads are replaced. And even most hardwood floors can be dried. But there is one type of flooring that can not be restored after a water damage has occurred and that is laminate.
Laminate flooring holds moisture that permanently compromises the material. As soon as it gets wet, it begins to warp and unlike its hardwood counterpart, the warping can not be reversed by drying. Laminate flooring also has a vapor barrier underneath of it that traps water. In order to allow proper air movement, the barrier has to be removed. If the laminate and vapor barrier are not properly handled after a water damage, more damage can occur from mold and mildew.
Be sure to contact local professionals to assist you if you experience a water damage. SERVPRO® of Sangamon County is available 24/7 at 217-528-7775.
Cleaning Up Vandalism and Graffiti with SERVPRO® of Sangamon County
Quickly handing vandalism and graffiti is the best way to keep it from happening again.
SERVPRO® of Sangamon County can help your business if you are affected by vandalism. We know how important it is to keep your building clean and inviting for clients. Time is of the essence when handling graffiti or vandalism in order to ensure there are no long term negative effects to your business.
Top reasons to choose Professional Assistance when Vandalism or Graffiti affects your business.
- Maintain a Professional Appearance
Quickly handling vandalism and/or graffiti will demonstrate the high standard of professionalism that you hold your business to. By quickly fixing broken windows you can prevent unwanted water damage or a potential easy access point for a break in. By quickly removing graffiti, you can proactively prevent your building being turned into a regular graffiti “tag” location.
- Increase Property Value
Having vandalism issues addressed quickly can pave the way for the future sale of your commercial building. A clean and put together building will help keep the resale value of your building where it should be.
If vandalism does occur at your business, be sure to contact local assistance through SERVPRO® of Sangamon County. We are available 24/7 at 217-528-7775. We are Here to Help!®